Thursday, July 15, 2010

Home At Last

     In the 70's, Steely Dan wrote a song based on the "Odyssey" called "Home at Last". The lines that came to mind this morning after sleeping seven hours in my own bed without my feet sticking off the edge were...

Well the danger on the rocks is surely past
Still I remain tied to the mast
Could it be that I have found my home at last
Home at last

     I think it's appropriate for the day since I'll be going in a few hours to start my work on Super Liga! Seven more games in seven days between Houston and Chicago. The rolling caravan of sports television production doesn't end just because you finish one job, you get up the next day and start all over again.
     What does change is the addition of experiences, and by far, the World Cup is an experience all of it's own. After unpacking all the trinkets, CDs, vuvuzelas, and gifts I brought back, I realize that the most wonderful gift I have was sharing the time with new friends.
     All of the producers, editors, engineers, and technical staff brought together to accomplish the many hours of programming were excellent in their own right. These new friends are what I'll miss the most, and given the opportunity to do it again, I'll look forward to Brazil if that happens to be in the future in 2014! My congratulations also to Univision for what was truly a heroic effort that produced great successes!
     I didn't predict the winner of the World Cup but I've already made amends to the Spanish supporters before I left South Africa.















     Alba was the loudest of all the fans during the game and I congratulate her and her devotion to what ended up being a very good match to close out the competition.
















     Monica was not as loud but was as happy in her Spain hat and scarf after the victory.
     Now let's see if the Dynamo can actually win the Super Liga this year!
     For those of you that have followed the blog, I thank you for reading and giving me an audience to share with. I won't be posting on a daily basis anymore but as always, you are more than welcome to drop by, add your comments, and share whenever you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment