Sunday, June 27, 2010

Out and About! The Sunday Market!

A group of us got up this morning and went to the Sunday market at Roseland, a suburb north of downtown Johannesberg. Although I would have rather slept the extra two hours, it's was great to get up and go.
After a leisurely breakfast at McDonalds, yes one of the official restuarants of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, the six of us headed to the market. Go team Egg McMuffin!
The flea market was located on a parking level of the Roseland mall, and because we had two hours or so, I spent half my time at the market and got to wander through the mall as well.
There was a lot of beaded crafts, several artists with original canvases, picture frames, and the lists goes on.
My favorite store in the mall was the Jeep store. It's a clothing store with the Jeep logo we associate with the automotive company. I was able to get a few things for the nieces and a little something for Sean.
Mostly it was great just to get away from the hotel for a bit.
I was happy to be on the bus.








There is still a lot of disappointment about the US lose last night but hope that Mexico can somehow pull out a win against Argentina.
I'll have to go with Germany and Argentina today. That is what my mind tells me so those are my picks of record. My heart wants exactly the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment